B.Sc course in ID is based on applied sciences and is geared to meet the emerging needs and challenges of contemporary society as they respond well to the evolving global standards. The present curricula and syllabi have been revised and updated in accordance with UGC (University Grant Commission) guidelines. Mandatory six week internship training in the final year of study is the USP of these courses. The course offers each student with ample opportunities to assess their abilities, aptitudes and interest and introduces them to a world of jobs and careers.
The course shall include
- Space Planning & Designing
- Furniture Designing & Construction
- Accessories & Soft Furnishings
- Building Services
- Green & Energy Efficient Design
- Landscape Design
- Restoration & Renovation
- Estimation & Costing
- Codes & Standards
- Project Management
- Computer Aided Design (Auto CAD, Corel Draw, Photoshop, 3Ds MAX)
- Regular Field Visits
- Weekly Webinars by Experts
- The course shall be supplemented by practical and on-job training through visits to factories, industries and workshops
- Self learning and independent working through seminars, term papers and projects
- Exposure through educational excursions, exhibitions and competitions
Student will be evaluated on each subject / paper (theory/practical) under both:
a) Continuous Internal Evaluation (CIE): 40% weightage CIE includes written class tests, assignments, seminars, tutorials and/or laboratory assignments.
b) End-semester Examination (ESE): 60% weightage Six ESE will be held, one at the end of each semester.
Course Duration: 15-17 weeks per semester with 20-26 classes of 1 hr duration per week.
Course Timings: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, six days a week (1st and 3rd Saturdays are off days).
Class Size: 40-45 students
- Interior Designer / Consultant
- Furniture Designer
- Product Designer
- Soft Furnishing Specialist
- Landscape Expert
- Model Maker
The final degree will be awarded by Jadavpur University